Friday 23 July 2021

Common Art Sprint #5

 Common Art Sprint #5

For this week I made certain all of my 3D assets were up to date with any finishing texture modifications in the new lighting that has been developed to make sure everything looks copasetic. I noticed that for some reason the nightstand texture was not working, so I discussed with Desiree and we decided to unlink it from its drawer and then I was able to get the texture updated. Overall I am pleased with how the assets I worked on look in the space, especially the lamp because I feel like it is one of the focal points in the room and really illuminates the space and creates a realistic VR experience:






































For audio I worked extensively with Manny to get all of the levels correct and make sure everything was working like a well-oiled machine. The main difficulty was the Anton Threat track which has Anton's voice. I think this track could still be boosted in  ways, but the problem with the technology is that the Oculus woofers have no bass - there is not a very good way to get lower resonating sound frequencies, it is almost like using a pair of ear buds. It might be beneficial to write the company and do research to figure out why that is the case. I will say the speakers that are in the current device are my biggest hang-up with creating immersive experiences in VR right now. Sound is at least half or maybe 75% of the experience, and without better equipment, modifying the wavs to fit the device will help, but it will only take it so far.

Overall I think our virtual reality world has great sound and feels immersive, there are a few minor adjustments that could be made such as attenuating or localizing the Front Desk sound to the receiver but myself or Manny will need to do research into how to program certain details like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment