Tuesday 6 July 2021

Common Art - Lighting Corpse Bride

 Common Art - Lighting Corpse Bride

For our lighting project we were given the interior scene from the Corpse Bride VR project and given free reign to creating lighting as we saw fit. I really liked the glowing dust effect the team already had in the room, so I decided to keep only that element.

In terms of adding light I started from scratch, added a dim skylight, one directional light, one spotlight over Emily at the piano, exponential height fog, post processing volume, sphere capture and then used point lights to create the look I wanted:












I wanted to draw the viewers eye to Emily, so I kept most of the lighting soft but strong enough to create some shadows and depth to the screen shot I wanted to create. I was able to use low point lights over the table tops to create some light and break up the darkness in places. I wanted kind of a purple red above as if maybe there is a fireplace up on that level.












I like how I achieved sort of a silhouette effect around Emily since she is the main event in the scene. I also used some orange lights in the next images to create something like torchlight on the walls, and I think if I were going to add anything to this scene it would be just a few torches hanging on the walls like a type of sconce just to have a place for where the light is coming from, or maybe a large chandelier - even so, I think the room design is beautiful and just needs an object or two to give a reason why the light is there:























I also added a rectangular light to try and draw out the bone design on the front of the bar because I thought those details looked really cool and just needed some highlight to bring them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment