Monday 2 August 2021

Research Project Summer 2021

Research Project Summer 2021


For my research project I engaged several different software platforms throughout the summer. I was able to obtain 3Ds Max and begin learning the basics of modeling techniques in the program which I will use in my upcoming internship with the Institute for Simulation & Training who are interested in having my work on the 3D assets as well as Audio assets and blueprints that I will need to research and learn how to create.












As capstone projects have come to a close, I affirm to report that I have also learned more about audio implementation in engine. I was responsible for creating and designing SFX for in game play, VFX and music cue functions, as well as produced an entire soundtrack for the entire game. I worked with the different team members, including programmers, animators, and team leads as well as the musicians to guide and direct the overall sound and audio for the game. This required research in different ways to understand how these sounds would be implemented in engine and help create our final product. When I joined the team, they were at a 5-10% completion in terms of audio, and my arrival brought the project up to speed and completed 100% of the audio requirements, with time to spare for iterations. This was a massive achievement this summer for our capstone team.












For additional audio research I also learned how to use Audacity to begin creating an audio portfolio and a website to showcase my abilities. Research has shown that while Audacity is a fairly simple program built for people with limited audio experience, my new goals will include recommendations from Nick Zuccarello to learn the new UE5 system of how to balance audio in engine with a more holistic approach, and my previous audio experience with different Digital Audio Workstations, sound and audio editing software will only help me advance further as I begin my internship, guiding me towards as successful career


No comments:

Post a Comment