Sunday 20 June 2021

3D Art - Grenade Block Out

 3D Art - Grenade Block Out

For this first week I gathered some reference images and a 2D concept created by artist Sabrina Weeks for a type of sci fi grenade. My goal is to show I can be given a concept from an artist in 2D form and then create that object in 3D. I haven't made all of the decisions yet in terms of the final realization and its textures, but I do like the original 2D design of the handle of the grenade on the far right:













Here is my block-out in Maya:











































Here are some reference I gathered for texturing ideas. I haven't made set in stone decisions yet, because I am hoping as I get into texturing I can see what looks best and which direction to head towards will become more apparent once I'm actually applying the textures:





No comments:

Post a Comment