Monday 5 April 2021

3D Art Post Vehicle Project

 3D Art Post Vehicle Project

For this week I created my initial proxy of the anchor for our Vehicle scene in UE4. I focused on the shape language and tried to exaggerate the different pieces in terms of stylization and used several references from the supplied Pur Ref plus online images:


 

I may decide to change the size of the Wood pieces at the cross section and include the metal brackets with studs that go around on each side from the shark anchor image. Here is the current model in Maya:





















Next I began work on the rope for the anchor which I will hopefully integrate with a spline in UE4. I modelled several cylinders, removed the outer faces, created the UVs on the small 4 part section so I could replicate that section twenty times and already have UVs on the mesh. Then I used a non-linear Twist deformer to create the rope like effect:





























Here the current meshes are in UE4 to establish the pipeline as I continue work on the high res:

















Lastly the current blueprint for the rope as I begin to create the spline for it:



No comments:

Post a Comment