Tuesday 23 February 2021

COMMON ART WEEK 3

 Common Art Week 3

This week I worked on rescaling and resizing the room to create more space. I was able to achieve this by moving the furniture outward so that the interactable elements are still within reach of the player, but the back half or so of objects can be beyond the 10 foot experience as long as they are visible and usable. For instance with the bed maybe the player will sit on the edge of it, so that spot or place is within the space. (I did not rebuild the lighting because Kelsey wanted to get into the space to adjust the lighting, so that's why you will see it in the image, but in future captures for portfolio I will of course build the lighting!) The doors were also resized to fit without gaps but I left it this way to get feedback from our lead Desiree first before submitting the new adjustments to Perforce.
















































I also worked on editing more WAV files, getting crisper sound on certain of the ambient soundtracks. To achieve a more realistic sound of being in the hotel room at night, I used certain types of low noise with ambient quiet room sounds, and to keep the listeners interest, I have every so often the sound of the outside city street bleed in through the peripheral background, so that over time, the player is hearing a soundscape the evolves instead of just one type of static reoccurring sound.






Majority or bulk of work I did in terms of sound was trying to create the two gun shot sounds. The first gun shot sound for Anton's pneumatic weapon required maybe 10 different sounds. I combined certain pneumatic hiss noises with types of hydraulic pump sound to hone in on what it sounds like. There is also a metallic noise when the keyhole mechanism is blasted out of the door itself which may require more work to find that exact ring of the metal, but with what I have so far it is significantly close to the sound in the film scene. I also boosted the levels of most sounds so we can pull them back in engine if need be, but it is good to have a robust full sound at a good strong level first, you can always dial it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment